CODE OF CONDUCT
"Principles, values, standards, and/or rules of behavior that guide the decisions, procedures and systems of The Corvette Club of Ontario in a way that (a) contributes to the welfare of its stakeholders, and (b) respects the rights of all associates affected by its operations."
Rule 1. Respect & Integrity
Members are responsible for respecting the integrity and dignity of each and every CCO Club member and members of fellow Clubs that we will support and at all times demonstrate that same respect. Members are committed to making the Club a more inclusive organization based on mutual respect and appreciation for the diversity of the social network.
Rule 2. Representation
A member’s character and actions reflect the Club’s reputation. A member shall not behave in a manner that adversely affects the reputation of the Club at any events.
Rule 3. Confidentiality
Club members are responsible for providing accurate and honest information. A member shall not share his/her login information or disclose any information about Club members to non-members, outside agencies, or commercial enterprises in any form, e.g. written, electronic, social media, and verbal.
Members have a right to:
- Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by The Club, its Board of Directors and other members.
- Socialize in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation, and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is specifically provided in accordance with Club Bylaws, Code of Conduct, Club President (or designated representative) approval, and affected member approval.
- Be informed and be actively involved in all Club events and offerings, subject to any event attendance limitations which may exist and will be communicated in event offerings to be available on a first come basis.
- Voice their opinions, requirements, and suggestions to the Board of Directors.
Members must, at all times:
- Treat other members, guests, staff of venues and other patrons (where a social club function is being held) fairly, equally, and with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Behave legally, responsibly, and conduct themselves in a manner which will not harm, cause embarrassment or injure the reputation of the Club, Corvette Club of Ontario, its events, organizers, participants or sponsors. Irresponsible and/or illegal behavior includes reckless driving, driving while under the influence, and inappropriate behavior.
- Only publicize videos, pictures, calendars, and other media that are tasteful and uphold the integrity and dignity of the Club membership, determined by a vote of the Board of Directors. Social Media Contributions are encouraged but shall be removed if found in violation of social norms. Also no posts that are political, religious, or sexual will be tolerated, we are a car club.
- Not physically or verbally harass others.
- Report any inappropriate behavior of a member to the Board of Directors of the Club for action and follow up.
- Abide by and uphold the By-Laws and Code of Conduct of the Club.
- Pay any fees in relation to an event, or offering (e.g. tickets, memberships, event fees) which that member has committed to, regardless of whether the member attends the event or not.
- Notify the Board of Directors of any changes to address or other information or keep their info current on the database.
- Not use their membership privileges to purchase tickets to any event, discounts from Club Sponsors, or other offering, at a membership price, for non-members of the Club (except for parties entitled to such prices other as nominated from time to time).
- Where possible support our Sponsor Community with your purchases of products and services they have extended to us. We are a community and support within where possible.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct:
- Any member not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an event of the Club may be asked to leave the function and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
- The inappropriate behavior of any members will be investigated, discussed and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the Board of Directors by unanimous vote, which may include a warning, suspension or revocation of membership.